A few days ago, I had a conversation with my platonic friend about our favourite breakfast – oat porridge. Although, we both love oat porridge but it’s a bit time consuming (for those who always rushing in the morning) and not to mention that it gets boiled over easily
Personally, I always like drinking or eating something warm after coming out of surfing. Breakfasts on the run are the norm for me so I always look for some breakfast ideas that save me time and still keep my stomach satisfied. So, I thought to myself “Why not using my thermos to “cook” the oat porridge?” and so my new creation begins….
This recipe is perfect for breakfast on the run, while camping or trekking. Enjoy!!!
Wheat Free Oat Porridge Without Cooking
- 500 ml – 750 ml boiling hot water
- 1 cup Gloriously Free GF Rolled Oats Organic (Wheat Free)
- 1/2 tsp Planet Organic Spice Cinnamon (add 1 tsp if you like cinnamon)
- a handful of organic raisin
- 1 tbsp Absolute Organic organic raw cold pressed coconut oil
- Add oats, cinnamon, raisin, coconut oil into 1.5 L thermos.
- Pour hot boiling water into the thermos up to 3/4 way (if you want the oat porridge is a bit runny, add more water and adjust it accordingly).
- Stir the mixture before closing the lid.
- After 2 hours, Voila your cooked oat porridge!!!
- Prepare this the night before or in the morning if you’ll have your oat porridge in a couple of hours.
- Wheat Free is suitable for gluten sensitivity or intolerance but not for those with celiac disease.