After a year of listening to my nutritionist and naturopath friends bragging about how good the Macrobiotic diet is and how it saved George Ohsawa’s life when he got tuberculosis and a lot of others’ lives with their chronic diseases. So, I decided to read up about the Macrobiotic diet and give it a go. Buckwheat and sea vegetables have been my essential food list for a few years and they are in this diet ay!
And here, you go. My first Macrobiotic meal which is very suitable for a vegan diet as well – Double-winner!!!
Vegan Buckwheat Miso Wakame Soup
- 1 cup cooked Eden organics buckwheat hulled wholegrain
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1 handful of Spiral Foods wakame sea vegetable
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 tsp Carwari Organic Extra Virgin Black Sesame Oil
- 750 ml filtered water
- 1 tsp Spiral Foods Organic Hatcho Miso
- 1 heaped tsp Organic Marigold Health Foods Powder Vegan
- Some chopped shallots
- A pinch of Planet Organic Spice Cayenne Pepper
- In a big bowl, soak wakame in hot water for 5 minutes. Rinse it under the water and squeeze the excess water out.
- In a medium stainless steel or ceramic pot, add water, cooked buckwheat, sweet potato, wakame, vegan powder and cook it in a medium-low heat for 5 – 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, add onion and leave it on the stove for a few minutes.
- Pour the soup into a bowl, garnish some shallots, drizzle the black sesame oil and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top.
- Bon Appetit!!!