Top 10 Things That Weaken Our Immunity
- Refined sugar and everything has it such as sweets, soft drinks, confectionery, ice-cream etc
- Processed carbohydrates such as cakes, biscuits, crisps, snacks, chips, breakfast cereals, white bread and pasta.
- Chemically altered and artificial fats such as margarines, butter substitutes, cooking and vegetable oils, processed foods prepared with these fats.
- Inadequate high-quality protein from meats, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts and seeds.
- Exposure to chemicals such as cleaning and washing chemicals, personal care products, paints, fire retardants, petrochemicals, pesticides etc.
- Exposure to radiation such as electronic screens (TV, computers, play stations etc), mobile phones, high-power electricity lines, nuclear stations and nuclear wastes.
- Drugs including antibiotics, steriods, antidepressants, painkillers, anti-cancer medication, anti-viral drugs etc.
- Lack of fresh air and physical exercises.
- Lack of exposure to sunlight and low in vitamin D.
- Lack of exposure to common microbes in the environment. Living in a too sterilised environment is strongly associated with compromised immunity. The immune system needs constant stimulation from the microbes in the environment.
Mcbride N, Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Medinform Publishing, Cambridge, p22
Photo credit: http://www.findarthritistreatment.com/most-common-causes-of-viral-arthritis/