Bitter melon is great for weight loss, type 2 diabetes, immune booster, skin, liver detox, pancreatic cancer and kidney stones. Bitter melon is also a good source of Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc and Manganese.
Stuffed Snapper Bitter Melon
- 150 – 200 g cooked wild-caught snapper
- 2 bitter melons
- 1 organic egg
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 20 g soaked seaweed or 3 nori sheets, chopped
- a tbsp sesame seeds
- a tsp dried or fresh parsley
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Sauerkraut (For serving)
- a tbsp olive oil
- In a big bowl, use a fork to break snapper into small pieces. Add mushrooms, carrot, egg, onion, garlic, seaweed, sesame seeds, parsley, salt & pepper. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cut the bitter melons in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Stuff the mixed ingredients into the bitter melons.
- Place stuffed bitter melons in a steamer and steam it for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the steamed bitter melons on a plate, drizzle with olive oil and serve with sauerkraut.