I love the ideas of catching up with my friends over a High Tea but since I’ve been on a gluten free, dairy free and sugar free diet, munching on some sandwiches and sipping away some English tea aren’t something that my body would fancy for.
So, I thought to myself “Maybe I could introduce the raw diet to my friends by inviting them over for some raw high tea?”. And, here I was on my mission looking for some raw sandwich inspirations and came across to a raw strawberry jam photo on Instagram.
Raw jam? Awesome! How did they make it? Maybe with some mucilage ingredients? So, I started pulling out all the mucilage ingredients in my pantry and gave lecithin my first go. Surprisingly, all my guests loved this raw jam when I spread it on the banana sandwiches
Until now, I still don’t know how others make their raw jams but here is my version of raw jam.
Raw Sugar Free Pomegranate Jam
- 2 big Organic Pomegranates (you could use 1 cup organic strawberry, blue berry or any fruits)
- 3 tablespoons Wonder Foods Lecithin Granules
- 2 – 4 tablespoons Berringa Super Manuka + 120 MGO (depends on how sweet you want your jam)
- In a high performance blender (I use the Optimum 9400 blender), blend 2 tablespoons Manuka honey, 2 pomegranate seeds or 1 cup of any other fruits and 2 tablespoons lecithin until smooth.
- Pause the blender to check the sweetness. Add extra Manuka honey if required.
- Pour the raw jam into a glass jar and store it in a fridge for a week.
- Pre-make this raw jam and store it in the fridge at least 4 hours before using it to prevent a runny jam.