A Raw Lasagne?
My meditation friends looked at me curiously. So, you don’t cook your lasagne? How do you make your lasagne? What do you use then? I always get bombarded with a lot of questions whenever I mentioned Raw Lasagne.
There are a lot of Raw Lasagne recipes that used nuts to make cream cheese. Since I just finished my 7-day juice fast yesterday and I am not allowed to eat nuts yet, I am going to use vegetables to substitute for the nuts.
You could serve this Raw Lasagne at your next family or friends’ gathering to impress them. It doesn’t need any expensive kitchen equipment other than a knife, a chopping board and a food processor or a high performance blender. A mandolin would be an advantage.
Raw Lasagne With Carrot & Ginger Sauce
Serve 2 – 4
- 1 – 2 Cucumber or Zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 – 2 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast/Brewers’ Yeast (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Water, as needed
- 1 teaspoon coriander to taste
- A couple handful of baby spinach
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1/2 – 3/4 sliced beetroot
- 1 red radish (Optional)
- 1 avocado
To make Carrot & Ginger Sauce:
Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or the Optimum 9400 blender. Add extra water as needed. Set aside.
- Line the base of your dish with a layer of the cucumber or zucchini strips, overlapping them slightly.
- On top of this, put down a layer of baby spinach, avocado, carrot, beetroot, red radish then the carrot sauce.
- Finish this with another layer of slightly overlapping cucumber or zucchini strips.
- Repeat step 2 and step 3 but before finishing adding the final layer of carrot sauce on top.
- Garnish the lasagne with a sprig of parsley.
- If you want, you could roll them up to make Raw Rolls too!