I got this recipe from an amazing Holistic Athlete Trainer when I was training for the triathlon years ago and I tweaked her recipe a bit to a healthier version. Ever since, I don’t even look at any sport drinks again – they contain too much sugar!!!
A lot of gym junkies, bikers, dancers, hikers, sauna & hot yoga lovers are mineral deficiencies due to they do not replace their bodies with the minerals they lost throughout these activities. When we sweat, we sweat toxins and minerals as well so it’s essential for us to drink mineral water or electrolyte drinks if exercising more than 45 minutes.
Organic Sugar Free Sport Drink Alternative
- 3 organic oranges (300ml orange juice)
- 1/4 tsp Nirvana Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 200ml coconut water, alkaline water, mineral water or filtered water
- Squeeze the oranges into a 500ml glass cup.
- Add Himalayan salt and coconut water/alkaline water/mineral water/filtered water into the cup.
- Stir and drink it or pour it into a bottle to take it to the gym, sauna, hiking trip, cycling, hot yoga or boot camp.