Studies showed Wild Rice may improve heart health, anti-aging, prevent diabetes onset, strengthen bones, boost the immune system and aid the digestive system. Thanks to its high fiber, vitamin C, phosphorus, zinc, antioxidants, protein, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6 content.
Kidney Bean Wild Rice Porridge
- 1/2 cup of wild rice
- 1/2 cup of kidney beans, cooked
- a pinch of Nirvana Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Planet Organic Spice Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Planet Organic Spice Oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Melrose Coconut Oil Unrefined
- 2 cups of filtered water or coconut water
- 1 teaspoon of ground Planet Organic Spice Fennel Seed
- a teaspoon of raw honey or Berringa Super Manuka 220+ MGO
- Rinse and cover wild rice with filtered water. Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt and soak it overnight.
- Pour the water out and rinse the wild rice a few times.
- Pour the wild rice into a large pot and roast it on a medium-high heat. Stir frequently until it is dry.
- Let the roasted rice cool down then pour it into a high-performance blender and blend it into flour.
- Add the wild rice flour and the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan. Bring it to boil and constantly stir it. Cook it for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve it with shredded coconut or any of your favourite fruits.