After a couple years of eating raw foods and having cold breakfasts (i.e:fresh vegetable juice and fruit salads) every morning, I am kinda missing my warm and filling breakfast. I love the creamy and rich texture of Oat porridge (I use Gloriously Free Uncontaminated Oats as they are Wheat Free & Preservative Free), Quinoa porridge, Amaranth porridge, Millet porridge, Teff porridge and Buckwheat porridge.
Since I have some left over Brown Rice from my vegan sushi feast, I use it for my porridge.
Coconut Brown Rice Chia Pudding
Serving: 1 Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup cooked Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Organic Cinnamon powder
- 1 handful of Goji Berry
- Pour the coconut milk and coconut water in a saucepan. Add brown rice, chia seeds and cinnamon powder.
- Cover the saucepan with the lid and stir occasionally.
- Cook the porridge for 10 – 15 minutes between low to medium heat or increase it to medium heat if pressed for time.
- Before turning the heat off, add the Goji berry and stir it.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t have much time in the morning, cook this porridge before the night (ideally before going to bed) and store it in a themos to keep warm until the next morning. Eat it on the train or at work!