What am I going to do with a 20-kilo-bag of organic carrots? Carrot juice, carrot pancakes, raw carrot cheesecake, carrot ice-cream, carrot soup, carrot kimchi and carrot smoothies? I made them all. What’s next?
Carrot Souffle perhaps? I still remembered the soft and nice texture of the carrot souffle that I had years ago. The carrot souffle was melted in my mouth! I couldn’t help having a second serving.
I tweaked the ingredients in Food recipe to make it suitable for my gluten free, dairy free and sugar free diet.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Sugar Free Carrot Souffle
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1kg organic carrots
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoon of raw cold pressed organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of Orgran gluten free flour
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of Aluminium free baking powder
- 2 organic eggs (opt out if you are vegan)
- 2 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic nutmeg
- Add carrot, cinnamon, stevia, chia seeds, vanilla, coconut oil and nutmeg into a high performance blender (I use the Optimum 9400 blender) and blend it until smooth.
- In a big bowl, whisk the eggs and add sifted flour, baking powder and Himalayan salt. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour the carrot mixture into the bowl. Whisk it all up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven and set at 175 degree C.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tray/mold and bake it in the fan forced oven for 45 minutes.
- Rotate the cake after 25 minutes.
- Use a bamboo skewer to check to see whether the cake is cooked (if the bamboo skewer comes clean).
- Place the baking tray/mold at the centre of the oven.