Gluten Free Baby Spinach & Sweet Potato Patties
- 1/2 Sweet potato
- 2 handful of organic frozen Baby spinach
- 1 Spanish onion
- 2 Organic eggs (Use Marigold Health Foods Engevita Yeast Flakes if Vegan)
- 1 tbsp Absolute Organic organic raw cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 cup Glorious Free GF Organic Wheat Free Rolled Oats
- a pinch of Nirvana Himalayan Crystal Salt
- a pinch of Planet Organic Spice Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Melrose Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Marigold Health Foods Vegan Powder Dairy & Nut Free
- a handful of Organic Activated Almonds
- a pinch of Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Ecomil Drink Almond Milk
- Grate the sweet potato by using a grater or a peeler. Chop the frozen baby spinach and slice the Spanish onion thinly. Then put sweet potato, baby spinach and onion into a big mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs up. Add nutritional yeast flakes, Himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, vegan powder, almond milk and the beaten eggs into the vegetable bowl. Mix it all up.
- Put the rolled oats into a high performance blender like the Optimum 9400 blender and blend it into flour. Pour oat flour into the vegetable mixture and mix it up.
- In a large frypan, melt 1 tbsp coconut oil. Pour some mixture into the pan and fry it at medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip the side once it gets brown.
- Chop the activated almonds and serve it on top of the patties.
Tips:To increase the iron absorption of baby spinach and eggs, squeeze some lemon/lime juice on the patties when serving.