Is Food Combining a Key to Weight Loss, Better Digestive Health and More Energy?
You may have heard of Ian Pavlov, a Nobel Prize winner who published a book called “The work of the digestive glands” in which he explained the basic fundamentals of proper food combining.
Food combining frees up the energy so our body can work to detoxify itself. Proper food combing creates the environment for weight loss, better digestion and more energy. If the food you eat goes through your stomach in 3 hours instead of 8 hours, your body has 5 hours for the detoxification and weight loss.
The principles of food combining are:
- NO proteins and starches to be eaten at the same meal as they are incompatible chemically. For example, a steak, a piece of fish or chicken should not be eaten at the same meal with potato, rice, noodles, cheese or bread but with other vegetables.
- NO 2 different proteins such as meats, seafood, eggs, dairy products, or nuts to be eaten simultaneously as they have different characters and complex compositions hence they get putrefied in our gut.
- More than one starch can be eaten together as they are easier to break down and they do not cause fermentation in our gut. For example, rice and beans; croutons on a salad with a baked potato.
- No fruits and vegetables to be eaten at the same meal.
- Fruits should be eaten alone at least half an hour before meals or 3 hours after meals.
- Melons should be eaten alone or at least 15 minutes before other fruits as they have the fastest digestion time of 15 – 30 mins.
- Sweet fruits such as bananas, dates, persimmons, and any other dried fruit take 30 – 40 mins to digest.
- It is essential that fruits are eaten on an empty stomach because they have so much water and require so little energy to digest hence they help your body to detoxify, help weight loss.
The principle of proper food combining advocates that we want the foods go into the stomach and stay there for approximately 3 hours with no putrefaction, no fermentation, no gas, no flatulence, no heartburn and no acid indigestion. Hence, eating one concentrated food at the time helps the food to pass quickly and efficiently through the intestines. Eating 2 concentrated foods simultaneously will cause the foods to rot in the stomach for 8 hours and foul up the intestines for 20 hours more. The rotten food can not be assimilated well!
Since I adapt the Food Combining and the Natural Body Cycles of eating fruits or freshly cold pressed fruit juice only until noon, I notice an increase in my energy level, weight loss and a lot less digestive issues.
I use the Optimum 400 juicer to slowly cold-pressed the fruit juice. Slow cold-pressed juicers extract more juices and do not kill the enzymes in the fruits or vegetables like how the Breville juicers do. I would highly recommend either the Optimum 600 juicer or the Optimum 400 juicer for more nutrients and better quality juice.
The Natural Body Cycles are based on functions of our body and there are 3 regular daily cycles:
- 4 am – noon: Elimination (of body wastes and food debris) – Only fruits or freshly cold pressed fruit juice to be consumed until noon.
- Noon – 8 pm: Appropriation (eating and digestion) – No eating after 8pm
- 8 pm – 4 am: Assimilation (absorption and use)
According to the Natural Hygiene, the secret of success for weight loss and an optimal health is getting rid of the toxic wastes and excess weight from our body. By following the Food Combing and the Natural Body Cycles, you will learn the art of eating, have more energy and better digestion.
Diamon H & M, Fit for Life, Angus & Robertson Publisher, USA.
The information contained in this article is provided for your general information only and is not meant for diagnosis or treatment of any disease or disorder. If you suffer from any disorders or have any symptoms, please consult with your qualified practitioner before changing your diet or taking any supplements.