This yummy Egg San Choy Bow contains a good source of vitamins A, B2, B3, B12, folate, C, D, E, iron, choline, zinc, fibre and protein. The iron from eggs is not easily absorbed so it’s recommended to eat or drink a food rich in vitamin C.
Egg San Choy Bow (Vegetarian, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- 3 shredded carrots (or use carrot pulp from carrot juice)
- 1 shredded beetroot
- 3 eggs (buy organic or free range)
- a Spanish onion, thin slices
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 garlic cloves (Don’t buy Chinese garlic as they have been bleached with chemicals)
- 8 Melrose Olives Black
- 2 tablespoons of Sauerkraut or Kimchi
- a tablespoon of Melrose Oils Olive Extra Virgin
- a tablespoon of Melrose Coconut Oil Unrefined
- shredded coconut (optional)
- chopped parsley or coriander (for garnishing)
- In a frying pan, melt the coconut oil on a medium-high heat. Add green peas, carrot, beetroot, onion and eggs into the frying pan, cook them for 5 – 7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add and mix chopped garlic once the vegetables and eggs are cooked, then turn the heat off.
- Serve it on cos lettuce, garnish with olives, sauerkraut, or kimchi, olive oil, shredded coconut, parsley.