I love Pavlova but I don’t like the original pavlova with full of sugar so I attempted to try to make a sugar free paleo pavlova with my 2 favourite ingredients (chocolate and coconut). It tastes yummy!
This Coconut Chocolate Pavlova is packed with healthy ingredients and high protein, antioxidants, calcium, iron, Potassium, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese. The best of all, it’s guilt free! 😉
Paleo Coconut Chocolate Pavlova (Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Sugar Free)
- 6 organic egg whites
- 5 tbsp Wonder Foods Stevia Powder
- 1 tsp organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp melt Absolute Organic Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Coconut chocolate mousse (click here for recipe)
- Any fruits: strawberries, blueberries, banana, kiwi or oranges
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Place all the egg whites in the bowl and beat them with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1 tbsp stevia at the time and beat it well until the mixture is glossy. Sift the arrowroot powder, add lemon juice, desiccated coconut and carefully fold it through.
- Melt the coconut oil and brush it all over an 18cm round cake mold.
- Pour the beaten egg whites into a greased cake mold and place it in the oven. Reduce the heat to 120°C and cook for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and allow the meringue to cool in the oven.
- To serve, spread the Coconut Chocolate Mousse on top of the meringue and top it with some fresh fruits.