If you are big fan of rocket, you will definitely enjoy this chicken rocket soup. This soup is great for a liver detox which is packed with Protein, Folate, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, iron, calcium, potassium, manganese & phosphorus.
Bitter foods including rocket (arugula), dandelion and bitter melon are excellent for liver cleansing and performance booster especially after a drinking night.
Chicken Rocket Soup – Liver Detox Recipe
- 500 ml chicken broth (recipe here) – (substitute it with vegetable broth if vegan)
- 1 cup cooked chicken meat – (substitute it with vegetable broth if vegan)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut milk)
- Edible flowers (for garnishing)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (option)
- Place both chicken broth and chicken meat into a medium saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Wash the rocket, add garlic and rockets into the saucepan. Make sure the soup covers the rocket. Turn the heat off to avoid overcooking the rocket. The rocket should look green still.
- Pour the soup into a blender and add olive oil (or coconut milk), then blend them until smooth.
- Garnish it with some edible flowers and lemon juice (options).
Notes: Buy organic ingredients whenever possible to avoid antibiotics, growth hormones, pesticides or other chemicals.