This Chia Kale Pesto is packed with calcium, magnesium, protein, fibre, iron, omega 3 6 and healthy fats. It’s great for dips, pasta, fish, meat dishes.
Kale is heavily sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals so buy organic kale if you can.
Chia Kale Pesto
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon purified water (I use reverse omosis to filter the water. Buy it here)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cashews or almonds
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves only
- 3 kale leaves
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Nirvana Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded Planet Organic Spice Black Peppercorns
- 3/4 cup Melrose Oils Olive Extra Virgin
- In a small bowl, whisk the chia seeds and water, let it stand for 20 minutes to make a thick chia gel.
- Place the walnuts, cashews/almonds, garlic, chia gel, basil, kale, Himalayan salt, black pepper and lime juice in a high performance blender (I use the Optimum 9400. Buy it here) until coarsely chop. Drizzle olive oil in a steady stream until incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Store the pesto in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy it with pasta, dip, spread on bread, serve with meat, fish or vegetable dishes.