If you have been diagnosed with Candida overgrowth (Candidiasis), your doctor may prescribe Nystatin (Mycostatin or Bio-Statin) and Amphotericin B (Fungizone or Mysteclin-F) anti-fungal medications. Anaphylaxis or allergic reactions may occur while taking Nystatin and Amphotericin B. Please discuss with your doctor if you have had any allergic reaction before.
If you are not sure whether you have Candida overgrowth or not, you may try a simple test called “The Spit Test” (Click here). Bear in mind that the Candida Spit Test is not 100% accurate so if you are in doubt, see your doctor for further testing.
Candida can have a serious effect on the gut, brain, heart, liver, kidneys, thyroid, uterus, bladder and lungs. Following the anti-Candida diet and treatment help killing off the Candida and restore the balance of gut flora.
Anti-Candida Herbal Tea
- Agrimony – 1 part (Buy HildeHemmes Traditional Tea Agrimony here)
- Bladderwrack – 1 part
- Clivers – 1 part
- Dandelion root – 1 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Dandelion Root here)
- Echinacea – 1 part
- Fennel – 1/4 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Fennel here)
- Globe Artichoke – 1 part
- Meadowsweet – 1 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Meadowsweet here)
- Rosemary – 1/2 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Rosemary here)
- Thyme – 1/5 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Thyme here)
- Vervain – 1/2 part
- White poplar – 1/2 part
- Yarrow – 1 part (Buy Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Yarrow here)
- Borage – 1 part
- Blend all the herbs into very fine for maximum effect then store in a tight glass jar.
- In a pot, add water and mixed tea (1 teaspoon of tea: 250ml of water ratio). Cook it on a low heat for several hours to allow the active ingredients to fully draw out into the solution. It is recommended that the tea is made the night before).
- Once it is ready, simply stir the tea, strain off the required dose and reheat to very hot (but not boiling).
- This anti-Candida tea should be taken 2 – 5 times a day or as tolerated on an empty stomach. If it is too uncomfortable or strong, then have some food shortly afterwards.
- You can pour the tea into the thermos and take it to work or school. You may make a big batch of tea for several days and leave it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Start the tea with a small dose (i.e: 1/4 cup at a time) and slowly building it up until 1 cup at a time.
- It is very important that these herbs are fresh as old or mouldy herbs are not good for Candida treatment.
- The tea should NOT be made in an aluminium or cast-iron pot. Glass, enamel, stainless steel or pottery is OK.
Photo credit: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2125283-deadly-drug-resistant-candida-yeast-infection-spreads-in-the-us/
Ruyter P, 1989, Understanding Candida, Nature & Health Books, Dorset, England, pp30-2