This cold weather makes me wanna eat something steamy hot – some cabbage rolls perhaps? The cabbage rolls that I made last time was a big hit! Since I had some left over brown rice and kidney bean, might as well use up all the ingredients that I have in the fridge.
Brown Rice Kidney Bean Chinese Cabbage Rolls
Serving: 2 Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 organic medium beetroot, grated
- 1/2 organic carrot, grated
- 1/2 organic parsnip, grated
- 1 organic brussels sprout, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup of cooked organic red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of organic sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 slices of Jalapeño or fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 piece of dolmade, chopped (optional)
- 4 organic black olives, chopped
- 4 chives, chopped
- 1/4 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of organic fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons of black chia seeds (Soak in 1/2 cup of water for 10 – 15 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of Bragg Organic All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 organic egg (opt out if you are vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Some organic black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of organic extra olive oil
- 10 toothpicks
1. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the Chinese cabbage
2. On a plate or a chopping board, lay the Chinese cabbage flat.
3. Put 2 tablespoon of the mixed ingredients on the end of the Chinese cabbage stalk, roll it and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place the cabbage rolls in a steamer and steam it for 15 minutes.
5. Serve hot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.