This baked egg vegetable is packed with protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and is excellent for breakfast, brunch, lunch or quick dinner.
You can substitute whatever the ingredients that you like. For a sweet flavour, use pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, capsicum, choko and Spanish onion.
Baked Egg Vegetables
Cooking: 15 mins Preparation: 10 mins Serve: 1
- 1/2 choko, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- a palm size of pumpkin
- 1/2 small Spanish onion, finely sliced
- a handful of baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs of basil
- 1/4 tsp Celtic salt (buy it here)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml filtered water
- Basil leaves for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Lightly grease 2 ramekins with 1 tsp olive oil.
- In a medium saucepan, add water, oil, all the ingredients in and cook them for 5 minutes or until soft. Stirring gently until warmed through.
- Divide the mixture between 2 ramekins and crack an egg on top of each. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until egg whites are cooked but the yolks still soft. Sprinkle some chopped basil leaves on top, season with pepper and serve.