Healthy ageing means healthy muscles! The older we get, the more muscles and strength we lose so work it or lose it! To avoid fatigue, weakness and joint issues, the following tips may help you to keep your muscles in the best shape as possible:
Top 5 Tips For Strong And Healthy Muscles
- Exercise: Go for a 20-minute-brisk walk at least everyday with your dumbbells on both hands, do some weight lifting or some resistance training exercises to strengthen your muscles. Yoga, pilates, taichi and chiball help to maintain joint flexibility and reduce the risk of falls.
- Hydration: Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Hydration helps the heart pump blood more easily through blood vessels and muscles and helps the muscles work more efficiently. Dehydration may cause muscle cramps.
- Diet & Supplements: Ensure adequate daily protein, carbohydrate, fruits and vegetables intake and take supplements to provide nutritional support for healthy ageing.
- Stretch: Warming up, cooling down and stretching help blood flow to muscles and work on joint flexibility. This helps sustaining strong and healthy muscles, allowing them to rest slowly and avoid soreness.
- Rest and sleep: Sleep is very important as it helps your muscles to repair, build and replenish. Take rest every second day if training on the same muscles.
- Photo credit: http://healthpointmart.com/
- Better Health Channel Ageing